SMEs

Gains on UK residential property

2021-01-15T11:16:15+00:00

Gains on UK residential property Earlier this year, a new rule requiring capital gains tax on UK residential property to be reported and paid to HMRC within 30 days kicked in This ushered in another change to tax rules affecting residential property owners, which seeks to raise more tax [...]

Gains on UK residential property2021-01-15T11:16:15+00:00

COVID-19 Economic Emergency

2021-01-15T11:16:53+00:00

COVID-19 Economic Emergency Had everything gone to plan this year, the Chancellor would have been delivering his Autumn Budget speech. Instead, Rishi Sunak declared an “economic emergency” alongside a slimmed down spending plan to see him through until spring. Nobody in government would privately claim there is any way [...]

COVID-19 Economic Emergency2021-01-15T11:16:53+00:00

Changing your main residence

2021-01-15T11:18:49+00:00

Changing your main residence The pros and cons of changing your main residence. With property being one of the most reliable investments around in a period of historic low-interest, many money-savvy people these days end up owning additional properties. They might rent them out, live in them or simply [...]

Changing your main residence2021-01-15T11:18:49+00:00

Six Factors in determining business value

2021-01-18T14:02:24+00:00

Six factors in determining business value Mighty trees grow from little acorns 2020 has been a highly disruptive year for most businesses due to the coronavirus pandemic. Naturally, profitability may have taken a short-term hit, but well structured and operationally run business are likely to retain their long-term value. [...]

Six Factors in determining business value2021-01-18T14:02:24+00:00

Not long to end of Brexit transition period

2021-01-18T14:10:03+00:00

Not long to end of Brexit transition period Nearly 70% of company directors surveyed by IoD say that reaching a trade deal was important for their organisation Following the national referendum in June 2016, in which 52% voted in favour of leaving the EU and 48% voted to remain [...]

Not long to end of Brexit transition period2021-01-18T14:10:03+00:00

Getting on top of self-assessment tax returns

2021-01-18T14:14:15+00:00

Getting on top of self-assessment tax returns Why 2019/20 is the year to get tax returns done early With everything that has happened so far this year, it might be easy to forget your obligations to file tax returns for 2019/20 by midnight on 31 January 2021. The coronavirus [...]

Getting on top of self-assessment tax returns2021-01-18T14:14:15+00:00

Way forward

2021-01-19T00:43:14+00:00

Way forward To say that SMEs are a vital component in UK's post-COVID19 economic recovery, would be an understatement. According to Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) statistics, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) provide nearly 17 million people with employment and account for around half of turnover in the UK [...]

Way forward2021-01-19T00:43:14+00:00

Inheritance Tax Seminar

2021-01-19T00:41:49+00:00

Inheritance Tax Seminar Thursday 17th October 2019 - London, UK Ashlynwood hosted an Inheritance Tax (IHT) Seminar in collaboration with Octopus Investments and City Financial Consultants. The seminar highlighted three options in IHT planning including Business Property Relief (BPR), Venture Capital Trusts (VCTs) and Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS). Business Property [...]

Inheritance Tax Seminar2021-01-19T00:41:49+00:00
Go to Top